Lambing & Rearing
The new ADLAM Versatile Lambing Harness is based on the very successful BEARIN Prolapse Harness. It gives greater comfort and effectiveness in treating prolapses using cross-over tubing, now with a support ring. Rather than just holding a prolapse in place as many other methods do, the ADLAM Harness will work to reduce straining and pain by exerting pressure on key points. Correctly fitted, the harness will not hinder bowel movement or lambing.
The addition of a detachable fence strap, that can be used along with the neck strap, makes the ADLAM Harness a versatile and multifunctional aid at lambing enabling:
- Effective retention of prolapses with no need to remove the harness before lambing.
- Immobilisation to further help in preventing repeat prolapse.
- Easy observation and follow up of animals that have prolapsed.
- Mothering on of lambs, and prevention of smothering.
- Cast ewes to be supported in an upright position.
- Support to get ewes that are unwell at lambing back up on their feet.
This is a welfare friendly aid that can be used year after year.
Invention Award Winner at SheepVention (2017).